Sunday, September 30, 2007

Why can't cops do job? Oh, I'm charged

Uh, I don't know why this made it into the newspaper, and I don't know why this journalist has a job.
Why can't cops do job? Oh, I'm charged

Sept 20, 2007
The Enquirer

NORTHSIDE - A College Hill man who repeatedly insisted that the police weren't doing their jobs found one officer willing to do his.

About 2:45 p.m. Friday, Omar Armstrong, 22, was pulled over along Hamilton Avenue in Northside by Cincinnati Police Officer John Haynes. Armstrong had abruptly changed lanes right in front of the officer, forcing the officer to hit the cruiser's brakes, police said.

"No signal given, just an abrupt change of course," says the incident report.

"(I) advised why I stopped him and he stated he had been stopped back on the corner because the police weren't doing their jobs," Haynes wrote. The man "continued with (complaining about) the police not doing their jobs, even after being warned. At that time, I did my job."

Now Haynes faces four charges: driving under suspension, failure to wear a seat belt, failure to signal change of course, and no front license plate.

No comments: